January 31, 2013

Banana Muffins!

Been on the hunt for a great Banana Muffin recipe for a while now. Most attempts have resulted in me wasting time and ingredients as my kids haven't liked them. Recently I was at a friends house and my kids actually ate her Banana Muffins! So I asked for her recipe, tweaked it slightly to be dairy free for Bear and voila! A Muffin my kids will actually eat! Yeah!!

So Thank you to Christina for sharing her recipe with me!


Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins!


½ cup hard margarine (or butter), softened (I substituted 1/4 cup of Apple Sauce)
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt

1 ½ cups mashed banana (about 3 medium)
(Dairy Free) Chocolate Chips

1. Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.

2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.

3. Add flour mixture to margarine mixture in 3 additions, alternating with banana in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture,  Beat on low until batter is smooth. 

4. Fill muffin ¾ full/ Bake in 350 oven for 15-17 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.  Cook in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.  Makes 2 dozen muffins.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment