April 20, 2010

Shortbread Cookies

This week I had a craving for shortbread cookies. Ive never been able to get these right, so I decided to turn to the always reliable all recipes . I found one to try that's super easy and had great comments, read a bunch of comments to see what they had to say and went for it! Recipe doesnt make very much (maybe 12-15 small cookies) so adjust or double if you're looking for more...


Ingredients

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C.)
2. Combine butter or margarine, flour and confectioner's sugar and beat for 5-10 minutes. (I only did 5 minutes, they looked right then)
3. Drop from teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes (I did 15 minutes, from what I read from others, bake until the tops start to golden, otherwise they will be crumbly. I did this and they turned out perfect!)
5. Make sure to take them off baking sheet to cool on a cooling rack. If you leave them on the baking sheet they will continue to cook from the heat inside the baking sheet. If the tops are golden, this shouldn't be hard, cookies from start firm and transfer easily.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment