April 6, 2010

Healthy Blueberry Muffins

My kids love to have muffins for breakfast, or a snack, so yesterday morning Button and I decided to make some Healthy Blueberry Muffins from a new recipe I found online. They turned out good, not as fully as they said they'd be but Button says they taste good! lol It's a variation of a recipe someone found online, which they substituted whole wheat flour instead of white (I actually used 7 grain flour cause I was out of whole wheat), canola oil instead of butter, and plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Heres the recipe we used:



Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Steps:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. While you wait, grease a 12-cup muffin pan (or line with paper baking cups, I use silicone baking cups from Epicure). In a large bowl, whisk the oil and sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Whisk in the vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, and salt). Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture in two batches, alternating with the plain yogurt. Add in the blueberries and fold gently.
  2. Fill the muffin cups half full and bake for 12 to 15 minutes (I found in my oven I had to bake them longer, I think I was about 18 minutes). Remove from pan and let cool. Yield: 12 muffins (I got 14!).
  3. ENJOY!

My little naked chef (he does have bottoms on for the record ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment